Menu: Strawberries and Cream Victoria Sponge Cake - Savory Beef, Ale and Mushroom Hand Pies - British-Style Currant Scones
Class Description: Ready, set, bake! In this fun, hands-on class, we'll show you how to bake up everything from high tea favorites to British pub fare. Our instructor will walk you through the steps for mixing, baking and assembling a classic Victoria sponge cake. You'll enjoy working alongside classmates as we practice making pastry dough for savory hand pies. Plus, we'll share secrets for creating perfectly fluffy, tender scones. Join us and discover how simple it can be to recreate traditional British flavors in your own kitchen.
What To Expect: Great cooking isn't about recipes-it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
- Start:April 21, 2017
- End:April 21, 2017
- Where:Sur La Table - Union Street, 2224 Union Street, San Francisco, California, United States, 94123
- Event Type: Food & Dining
- Ticket Price:N/A