- Crown Memorial Beach - .5 Miles
- Jack London Square - 2 Miles
- Oakland Museum of California - 2 Miles
- African American Museum and Library of Oakland - 2.1 Miles
- USS Potomac - 2.4 Miles
- Fox Theatre - 2.6 Miles
- Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center - 2.5 Miles
- Oakland East Bay Symphony - 2.5 Miles
- Paramount Theatre - 2.6 Miles
- Grand Lake Farmer's Market - 2.9 Miles
- Grand Lake Theatre - 2.9 Miles
- Lake Merritt - 3 Miles
- Dunsmuir House & Gardens Historic Estate - 7.6 Miles
- Junior Center of Art & Science - 3.3 Miles
- Historic Alameda Theater - 3 Miles
- Morcom Rose Garden - 3.5 Miles
- Oakland Aviation Museum - 4.6 Miles
- College Avenue-Berkeley - 5 Miles
- Piedmont Avenue - 6 Miles
- Chabot Space & Science Center - 6 Miles
- Lake Chabot Regional Park - 7.3 Miles
- Fisherman's Wharf - 8 Miles
- O.com Coliseum - 8.5 Miles
- ORACLE Arena - 8.5 Miles
- Bay Area Ridge Trail - 8.5 Miles
- Lake Chabot Golf Course - 9 Miles
- Adventure Playground - 9.9 Miles
- Roberts Park - 12.8 Miles
- Oakland Zoo - 13 Miles
California Bay Area Colleges and Universities
- College of Alameda - 2 blocks
- University of California Berkeley - 6.5 miles
- Holy Names University - 6.6 miles
- Mills College - 7.8 miles
- San Francisco State University - 11.6 miles
- Argosy University in Alameda - 0.8 Miles
- St. Mary's College - 16.8 miles
- San Jose State University - 37.2 miles
Bay Area Cities Near Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham-Oakland/Alameda
- Berkeley - 8 miles
- Emeryville - 5 miles
- Oakland - 1 mile
- San Leandro - 8 miles
- San Francisco - 15 miles
- San Jose - 35 miles
- Oakland International Airport - 7 miles
- San Francisco International Airport - 24.6 miles
- San Jose International Airport - 34.2 miles
- South Shore shopping center - 2 Miles
- Alameda Landing shopping center - 1 Miles
Bay Area Public Transportation - Phone 511We are centrally located in the East Bay and several Bay Area attractions, including those in San Francisco, are easily accessible by public transportation from our hotel.
BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit)The nearest BART station is at 12th St. and Broadway in downtown Oakland which is accessible via AC Transit Bus #51 right outside the hotel's lobby. BART offers round-the-clock connections to and from several Bay Area locations including SF airport, Moscone Convention Center, Downtown SF/Union Square, Embarcadero/Financial District, Downtown Oakland/Lake Merritt, Berkeley, Richmond, Pittsburg, Lafayette/Orinda, Concord/Walnut Creek, San Leandro, Hayward, Fremont, Pleasanton/Dublin, and Castro Valley. The San Francisco Visitor Center is located at the Powell Street BART station on Market Street in San Francisco. For more information and schedules visit www.bart.gov or call (510) 465-2278.
AC Transit BusAC Transit offers convenient round-the-clock connections from several cities in the Bay Area including BART stations and Oakland International Airport . Bus # 51 from Broadway in Oakland stops right outside the hotel's lobby, 1 block away. Bus Line O takes visitors directly to and from the Transbay terminal located in the Financial District of San Francisco. For more information and schedules visit www.actransit.org or call (510) 817-1717.
FerryThe Ferry terminal is located about 1.5 miles away from the hotel on Main St. in Alameda . Complimentary car parking is available at the terminal. The ferry service connects Alameda to Jack London Square in Oakland, Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 41 as well as AT&T Park (SF Giants games) in San Francisco. For more information and schedules visit www.eastbayferry.com or call (510) 749-5972.
AmtrakAmtrak provides nationwide train service and the nearest Amtrak station is located about 2 miles from the hotel at Jack London Square in Oakland. For more information and schedules visit www.amtrak.com or call (800) 872-7245
San Francisco MUNISan Francisco MUNI provides public transportation via the historic Cable Cars, light rail and buses throughout the city including tourist attractions. Fore more information visit www.sfmta.com/cms/home/sfmta.php or call (415) 701-2311.
Driving Directions to the Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham-Oakland/Alameda
From Oakland International Airport- 10.73 Miles
Estimated time: 17 minutes
- Start out going Southwest on Passenger Terminal/Airport Dr. toward Parking.
- Turn RIGHT onto Economy Parking/Alan Shepard Way.
- Turn RIGHT onto Economy Parking/John Glenn Dr.
- Turn LEFT onto Airport Dr.
- Turn RIGHT onto Hegenberger Rd.
- Merge onto I - 880 N toward Downtown Oakland.
- Take the Broadway exit toward Downtown.
- Turn LEFT onto Broadway.
- Turn LEFT to take the ramp into the tunnel towards Alameda.
- Stay straight to go onto Webster St. Tube/CA - 260 S. Continue to follow CA - 260 S to the hotel.
From San Francisco International Airport- 24.6 Miles
Estimated Time: 29 minutes
- Start out going East on Domestic Terminal toward Airport Exit.
- Turn LEFT onto Airport Exit.
- Merge onto US - 101 N toward San Francisco.
- Take I - 80 E toward Bay Bridge/Oakland.
- Merge onto I - 880 S toward Alameda/ San Jose.
- Take the exit toward Broadway/Alameda.
- Turn RIGHT onto 5th St.
- Continue to the intersection of Broadway & 5th Street.
- Turn LEFT to take the ramp into the tube towards Alameda.
- Follow signs to Alameda.
- Stay straight to go onto Webster St. Tube/CA - 260 S. Continue to follow CA - 260 S to hotel.
From San Jose International Airport
- Follow the signs to I - 880 North toward Oakland
- Merge onto I - 880 North.
- Exit Broadway toward Downtown.
- Take the ramp toward Jack London Square.
- Turn left onto Broadway.
- Turn left toward Alameda.
- Turn right onto Webster Street Tube/CA 260 S. Continue to follow CA - 280S.